I knew today was not going to be my day when I was taking migraine medicine before bed and they were not helping. Thankfully my sweet husband is preparing pulled pork in the crockpot for dinner tonight. He is wonderful that way. He is dreadful at painting, yet I could not ask for a more loving father and husband.
So what is on my pain-filled mind today?
- My identical twins are finally coming into their own and developing separate interests and making separate friends. It only took 15 years! This may sound odd, but I am thrilled. One twin has always been more dominant and it makes me happy to see them on equal footing.
- My friend Amy is due anytime time now and we are all very, very excited for her!
- As a mum of 3 teen boys I am beyond frustrated with High School athletics. If you have teens, you may know what I am rambling about. If you do not yet, be prepared.
- My shyest child, the non-dominant twin is not only involved in theatre, but crew and an independent play. This is his first year and I am so proud of him I could burst.
- The painting in my home is gorgeous and progressing slowly. Some have asked what is taking so long (fair question as this may now be week three?). It all began with my neighbour (whom we view as a family member) offering to paint a wall red. I have red accent walls throughout the main rooms and forgot to place one in the family room and this had been bothering him. So, he began that then decided the kitchen colours had to go and well once in the kitchen, the hallways looked dim and the main bathroom, *shudder*. Still I hear people thinking, “3 weeks?”. Let me try to explain. He is offering his precious time, so I cannot actually force him to move faster. He is the full time care giver of a 91-year-old and her disabled son. They live next door, so he often has to check on them. He is a full-time caregiver, which means 24/7, so what time he devotes to us is truly limited and rather precious to us.
- I will indeed show before and after pictures. For those interested in colours. The hallway is Light Sage with Snow White trim and doors, the main bathroom is Scandinavian Sky and White, The Kitchen is Butter Yellow and Snow White with two recessed accent walls in Heirloom Red.
- My head is at about a pain level of an 8 or 9.
- I have two book tours tomorrow that I am excited about and hoping my head lets up enough for me to write coherently. Please check back and see how well I did.
- Finally, my oldest will be singing this Saturday evening at a charity function. This is the first time I will have ever heard my son sing by himself and I cannot wait.
A fresh carafe of coffee is waiting as are pillows, ice packs, and rice bags. I wish for my readers a truly wonderful day.