I am trying a new Meme created by J. Kaye at J. Kaye’s Book Blog saying what books I read last week and what books I plan to read this week.
Last Week I Read:
- The Heretic’s Daughter by Kathleen Kent- I cannot recommend this novel highly enough to anyone who has not read it. I could not put it down. This book will stay with me for a very long time.
- The Siege by Stephen White – Another page turner from Stephen White. This novel takes the reader out of Colorado and puts Sam Purdy in the lead. A change from the other novels, but no less a page turner. I dare say more of one.
- Book of the Dead by Patricia Cornwell – This was my least favourite of the novels I read this past week. Somewhere through the years Cornwell’s writing has changed or perhaps my tastes have changed. I found this novel to be a good read, but not as good to me, as her earlier works.
- Triptych by Karin Slaughter – Slaughter weaves in several story lines and flash backs to bring together a wonderful novel of suspense. I am relatively new to her works and I was pleasantly surprised by how likable even the most unlikeable characters are. Many things are not what they seem, which makes for a rather enjoyable read.
This Week I am hoping to read:
- The Keepsake by Tess Gerritsen
- BoneMan’s Daughter by Ted Dekker
- Cross Country by James Patterson
- The Unit by Ninni Holmqvist
Check back next Monday to see how well, or not so well, I accomplish my reading goals.